Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Nephew's Quilt

I was able to visit my sister and family in Wisconsin earlier this month.  It was really nice to see my nephew running around with the quilt I had made him - cuddling up in it to read, carrying his stuffed bunny, etc.  Though I had been told he loved it - seeing a 4 year old in action makes it pretty clear that this was not just "being polite."  I was also pleasantly surprised to see that it was holding up well.  This was my first attempt at free motion quilting and full of problems.


The design is my version of the pattern of the fabric in the back.  I don't remember now why I added patches of yellow in the border - I  think I had originally been thinking of adding butterflies and dragon flies before I ran out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment